Contributors

Monday, January 14, 2019

The rustling of the low lying prairie grasses (and weeds), the climbing of the rolling pastured hills (scattered with cowpies) and soft, farm breezes (with unfiltered aromas of cattle) still resonate in my mind, back when a young farm girl wrestled with five her brothers either in sporting attempts, skirmishes or snarky arguments. The wanderings of a young teenager searching for answers in the family 80-acre pasture, may seem kooky, or downright weird, but served a purpose. Still today, those things I hold dear and try to experience whenever the landscape beckons, maybe passing a long-ago working barn or a pulling in a refreshing breeze passes by. The answers are out there, find a way to capture them - whatever it takes.

For over 47 years writing has allowed me to savor, keep secret and work out whatever wonders, problems or questions that arose. Kept secret, it allowed me fantasize on how life would be if I ran the world. Back in reality, my ideals and perceptions took shape, decisions had to be made, life that needed direction. Philosophical? Maybe, but definitely not boring, nor typical. Even today, I search for stories/lives to find the answers, taking roads people don't often know about (or care about).

But this life has been one with no regrets. Sticking my nose where it didn't belong, lending a hand to an unappreciative source and forcing hands of impossible people, wondering why more women aren't this way.

This blog is WAY overdue. My life is no less exciting or painful thank yours. Mine just has included writing as a way to express and find me.

From today on, to those who read what I write: it promises to be honest, funny, sad, irritating, full of emotion. Why would anyone not be that way? It takes less effort to be truthful, loving and kind. By the way, those attributes have and still come with many sized chisels, to chip off the undercurrents of pain, sadness and negativity life constantly tosses our way. Keeps us busy, keeps us shaping a life that should be well lived.

After today, these entries hope to tickle a funny bone, cause you to think about your own life and enjoy what God has given you.

Thanks for reading!


1 comment:

  1. Yes! Finally you started a blog, I really love your writing and look forward to your stories 😀

    ReplyDelete